RENTAL REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR 2015-2016 Owners with rental housing required to register or renew their units online.
All registrations will be done online. The ISD staff can assist landlords in getting their registrations into the system. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-635-1010 for more information.
For owners who have not registered before:
- Registration open online, boston.gov/isd/housing.
- ALL landlords with rental property in the city, except the BHA and other public housing, have to register.
- Cost to register is $25/unit.
Owner-Occupied properties with 6 or less units do not have to pay the registration fee, but do still have to register.
For owners who have registered before:
- Registrations can be renewed online at http://www.boston.gov/isd/housing.
- Cost to renew is $15/unit.
- Owners who didn’t register online last year will need to create a username and password, and contact the ISD office to activate them.